Our workshops typically start at 9 am and run to 4 pm each day. Only prepaid registration will be reserved.
We offer a wide range of opportunities for everyone interested in learning more about their chosen medium and developing their talents, whether a beginner or an experienced artist. The workshops are offered throughout the year—usually five times. Each is based on hands-on learning, where participants develop their skills under the direction and guidance of a seasoned instructing artists, in a supportive environment. The small group environment offers abundant attention, inspiration, motivation and fun. Here you can experience different techniques for acrylic, oil, watercolour, pastel, charcoal, pencil, pen and ink; and you can learn about composition, perspective and other art forms. Unless otherwise told, participants bring their own materials.
And, even more notes are at the bottom of this page.
October 19, 2018
9 am - 4 pm
DOUG'S PAINTING APPROACH is uniquely loose and impressionistic; influenced by the colour and compositions of John Singer Sargent and the design philosophy of Edgar Whitney. His demonstrations, lessons and critiques utilize the Design Elements and the Principles of Design, all of which form the basis for his workshops. His enthusiasm for the watercolour medium along with his pragmatic and light-hearted approach, all lead to a stress-free and enjoyable experience. Doug is an elected member of the Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour (CSPWC).
This will be a 1 day workshop on Friday, October 19. Doug is planning to share and demonstrate, "Resist, Lift, Scrub & Scrape". He will provide value sketches (available shortly on this website) for demos with the theme of Autumn Landscapes. The colours we’ll use are yellows, reds, oranges, siennas and then accent with blues and violets.
John David Anderson
November 17, 2018
9 am - 4 pm
JOHN DAVID ANDERSON is a Canadian Impressionist painter. He says, "Painting is a way for me to express with a range of values, edges and colours an emotional response to light on surfaces in a space. The subject can be anything. I look for elements of beauty within anything that light touches. I use paint tonally applied with rich colour and an impressionist character. The subject does not drive the composition, but for me the light does."
Registration for workshops is not open until the previous one is closed. Where workshops are within a month of each other, registration will open at the discretion of the Workshop Coordinator. To check the availability of a spot in a workshop, send your request by clicking on the email button immediately below.
- Registration for workshops is not open until the previous one is closed. Where workshops are within a month of each other, registration will open at the discretion of the Workshop Coordinator.
- All workshops are limited to a maximum of 20 registrants with a minimum of 15 required 21 days prior to the workshop.
- Workshop fees are due a minimum of 10 days before the workshop. If not paid, the participant will be placed on the bottom of the Wait List and the spot in the workshop filled from that list. We will accept cheques only – no cash.
- Unless otherwise noted, each workshop is from 9 am to 4 pm each day.
- If you are new to workshops, CLICK HERE for a minumum list of supplies needed for a workshop.
- If you are only able to attend one day of a two-day workshop, you may want to discuss this with our Workshop Coordinator. Send an email through the button below.
Get the Most Out of Workshops
Every workshop is an opportunity to learn something you didn't know before. Get the most out of it you can. Click HERE for more information.