SPECIAL NOTE: WE NOW HAVE A WAITING LIST FOR NEW MEMBERS.
Whether you are a beginner, student, experienced painter or a seasoned professional, there is room for you at the Pumphouse.
Our annual membership fee is $25, with the fiscal year starting January 1. With that membership you get:
- Our quarterly newsletter, ARTmatters
- Reduced workshop costs
- Informative demos
- Opportunities to participate in our exhibitions and sales
- Weekly information updates
- A Member Showcase: a Gallery featuring members' works
- Discounts at Curry's, Above Ground and Framecrafters
- LPAA Facebook page highlighting activities and artwork on a real time basis
- Invitations to socials — summer and Christmas
- Affiliation with the Grimsby Public Art Gallery
There are several ways of becoming a member ...
You can come to the Pumphouse, meet us, and pay your membership.
Or, send the completed membership form along with a cheque made out to the LAKESIDE PUMPHOUSE ARTISTS' ASSOCIATION. Click here for the MEMBERSHIP FORM.
Becoming a Member
You don't need to be an accomplished artist to become an LPAA member.
We are a friendly group of local and regional artists, (experienced and learning,) who gather at the Pumphouse on Wednesday afternoons to paint, print, scratch and draw.
The aim of the group is to further the best interests of art, particularly in the Grimsby area, through the mutual and co-operative efforts of our members, and several times a year, through the exhibition and sale of our work.
We gather together in a social atmosphere, mutual exchange of skills and knowledge, and for a wonderful sense of community, while we make friends, hold exhibitions of our work, and enjoy demos with engaging speakers who share with us their artistic vision. Members contribute their expertise to the group on a volunteer basis to make it all happen.
For the current year, the annual membership of $25, and a weekly dues of $3. The LPAA is a non-profit organization, and all membership dues go directly to the support of our mission. We gather most Wednesdays throughout the year, from 1-3 pm.
The next batch of tea is brewing. Why not come and join us?
The Lakeside Pumphouse Artists' Association is an organization dedicated to furthering artistic understanding and encouraging artistic growth of its members and the community at large by promoting interest, education, knowledge and skills in the arts.
The LPAA strives to:
- Bring together people with a common interest in art.
- Provide opportunities for sharing artistic expertise.
- Enable artists in different media to share their specialized skills.
- Organize season workshops using experts in different media.
- Organize art exhibitions of members' work.
- Provide en plein air painting opportunities.
- Publish seasonal newsletters to keep the membership informed.